New Intake will begin – Jan 6, 2021
and applications are still being accepted.
Our Board Members
Saulteaux Healing & Wellness Centre Inc. (SHWC) was originally located in the Kamsack Union Hospital as an Inpatient substance free Treatment Centre in the 1970’s. It later became an outpatient treatment centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How Our Program Works!
- Addictive Brain
- Anger Management
- Alcohol & Its Effects
- Change Process
- Domestic Violence
- Drugs/Street Drugs
- Dynamics of Separation Life’s Journey
- Loss and Grief
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Lateral Violenc
- Life Skills
- Mapping Community Resources
- Medicine Wheel Teachings
- Methadone & It’s effects
- Natural Law/Life-Givers
- Prescription Drugs
- Psycho-Dramatic Bodywork
- Trust & Confidentiality Traditional
- Parenting Trauma & Addiction Triggers
- Understanding Anxiety
- What is Addiction
- Medicine Wheel Case Plan
- Structure & Non-Structure Society
- Family Roles
- Sexual Abuse
- Effects of Drugs
- Smudge/ Prayer Ceremony
- Sweetgrass Teachings
- Traditional Tea picking
- Sweat Lodge Ceremony
- Traditional Parenting
- Sage Teachings
Saulteaux Healing and Wellness Treatment Centre Inc. is NOT medically equipped facility; therefore, we CANNOT accept applications with behaviors that require psychiatric help (i.e; schizophrenia, bi-polar, personality disorders or prescribed anti-psychotic medication, suboxone, methadone). Clients must be free from psychiatric conditions.
1.Clients need to be Referred by NNADAP, Mental Health Worker or Appropriate Referral Agent. 2.Clients need their Covid-19 test results 2 weeks prior to Intake.
3.Clients must be detoxed at least 7 – 10 days prior to attending.
4. Must have a valid Provincial Health Card
5. Must be 18 years and older.
6. Application package must be fully completed including the medical forms are to be completed by a doctor or medical practitioner.
7.Applicants must not have and legal and/ or medical appointments or court appearances while attending the SHWC treatment program.
8.Couples are not admitted into the same six-week program.
9.Comfort allowance must be arranged prior to admission.
10.Clients who incarcerated must be discharged a minimum of 30 days prior to the date they are applying for entrance into
treatment. No court appearances allowed during the 6-week treatment program.
11. Clients must bring their prescribed medication in a bubble or blister pack. *ensure (42 DAY SUPPLY)
1. Be prepared to follow a structured environment
2. The 1st week of treatment is BLACK-OUT-WEEK.
3. Bring appropriate clothes that is reflective of the season (see the Rules & Regulations). 4. Arrange for comfort allowance prior to attending the SHWC treatment program.
5. PROGRAMMING ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. Participation is expected every day for six weeks.
7. Treatment is not a holiday – it is YOUR workday.
8. All medical and dental appointments should be taken care of prior to attending treatment.
Mauris blandit aliquet elit, eget tincidunt nibh pulvinar a. Vestibulum ac diam sit amet quam vehicula elementum sed sit amet dui. Curabitur non nulla sit amet nisl tempus convallis quis ac lectus. Cras ultricies ligula sed magna dictum porta.
*COVID-19 VACCINE AND TEST RESULTS
ARE TO BE INCLUDED WITH MEDICAL*
INTAKE 040 November 8 – December 17, 2021 Deadline: Nov 1/ 2021
INTAKE 041 January 10 – February 18, 2022 Deadline: Jan 3/ 2022
INTAKE 042 February 28 – April 8, 2022 Deadline: Feb 14/ 2022
INTAKE 043 April 18 – May 27, 2022 Deadline: May 13/ 2022
INTAKE 044 June 6 – July 15, 2022 Deadline: May 23/ 2022
Apply To Our Program
“Let us create a healthy pathway for future generations.”
SAULTEAUX HEALING & WELLNESS CENTRE INC.
BOX 868 KAMSACK,
SK S0A 1S0