To Assist individuals and families to lead an addiction free lifestyle.
“Our generation needs regeneration”
Our Mission Statement
To provide a holistic addictions treatment program that will assit people in developing and maintaining a drug and alcohol free lifestyle, that promotes building healthy individuals, families and communities for all nations.
Saulteaux Healing & Wellness Centre
Our In-Patient Treatment Program
Our Program Consists of the Following Themes
- Week one: Trust Building
- Week two: Awareness
- Week three: Courage
- Week four: Honesty
- Week five: Love
- Week six: Wisdom
About Our Program
The SHWC Centre is an 18 bed, residential service that offers a 42-day program for those requiring specialized addictions treatment. The program embraces a holistic approach that considers the individual’s physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs through individual and group counseling.
The SHWC Centre offers a safe and structured environment for its clients in addition to educational and therapeutic services. The program encompasses psychoeducational, therapeutic and recreational groups with individual follow-up available based on client need.
The overall goal of the program is to help clients reduce the risk of relapse while managing their recovery through achieving healthy, balanced lifestyles.
The SHWC Centre is staffed with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of social workers, addiction support workers, mental health worker, as well as non-clinical support staff.
Referrals for admission will be accepted from Addictions Counsellors and/or qualified health professionals. Clients must be at least 18 years of age; have an alcohol and/or drug addiction which includes addiction to prescription medications; be mentally and physically able to participate in an intensive treatment program
- Addictive Brain
- Anger Management
- Alcohol & Its Effects
- Change Process
- Domestic Violence
- Drugs/Street Drugs
- Dynamics of
- Life’s Journey
- Effects of Drugs
- Family Roles
- Loss & Grief
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Lateral Violence
- Life Skills
- Mapping Community Resources
- Medicine Wheel
- Methadone & It’s Effects
- Natural Law/Life- Givers
- Prescription Drugs
- Psycho-Dramatic Bodywork©
- Sexual Abuse
- Structure & Non-
- Structure Society
- Trust & Confidentiality
- Traditional Parenting
- Trauma & Addiction
- Understanding Anxiety
- What is Addiction
- Smudge/Prayer Ceremony
- Sweat Lodge Ceremony
- Traditional Teachings
- Medicine Wheel
- Traditional Parenting
- Saulteaux Language Classes
- Sweetgrass, Sage, Tea Picking
- Clients must be detoxed at least 10 days prior to attending.
- Must have a valid Provincial Health Card.
- Must be 18 years and older.
- The application package must be fully completed including the medical forms to be completed by a doctor or medical practitioner.
- Applicants must not have any legal appointments or court appearances while attending the SHWC treatment program.
- Be prepared to follow a structured environment.
- The 1st week of treatment is the BLACK – OUT WEEK.
- Bring appropriate clothes that is reflective of the season (see the Rules & Regulations).
- Arrange for comfort allowance prior to attending the SHWC treatment program.
- PROGRAMMING ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Participation is expected everyday for six weeks.
- Treatment is not a holiday – it is YOUR workday.
- All medical and dental appointments should be taken care of prior to attending treatment.
Since we opened on May 2, 2016, we have held 15 successful intakes (6-week programs).
If you should require additional information, please call us at 306-542-4110.
Confidentiality and privacy SHWC is compliant with current privacy legislation and holds all information relating to treatment in the strictest confidence. Information is not released without the client’s written consent except for circumstances when required by law.
A combination of comfortable accommodations, healthy and delicious foods, empathetic staff, demanding yet balanced programs, along with a cozy group setting ensure that you receive the very best in addiction services. This is achieved without the clinical atmosphere that is found at your typical treatment centre. Some of the recreational activities that will be available to you include:
Private and semi-private rooms
Gorgeous, spacious dining room area
Nutritious homemade food
Magnificent view overlooking the beautiful landscape of Cote First Nation.
Click the button to learn how to apply to our program.
2019 Intake Dates
– Intake 20: January 14 – February 22, 2019
– Assessment Week: February 25 – March 1, 2019
– March 4 – April 12,
– Applications due for Intake 21 – April 12, 2020
– Intake 21: April 22 – May 31, 2019
– Applications due for Intake 22 – May 30, 2019
– Intake 22: June 10 – July 19, 2019
– Building Maintenance:
– Proposed closure: July 22 – August 2, 2019
– Applications due for Intake 23 – July 19, 2019
– Intake 23: August 12 – September 20, 2019
– Applications due for Intake 25 – September 9, 2019
– Intake 25: September 30 – November 3, 2019
– Applications due for Intake 26 – October 28, 2019
– Intake 26: November 18 – December 17, 2019
– Building Maintenance Christmas closure:
– Proposed closure: December 23, 2020 – January 3, 2021
Please note that schedule changes may be required, please call 306-542-4110 for additional information.
The Past and Present Generations have experienced traumas and addictions far too long. We must take a stand to the poison that is destroying our loved ones. Together let us as a Nation say NO to addictions.
Let’s create a healthy pathway for future generations.